CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fait accompli

Well, it is done. The task is finished - I've walked every mile of every paved road in Catron county. It was an odd task, to be sure, but it was mine, all mine - I'm fairly sure no one else has ever attempted it, in fact I can't think why they would.

Here are some pictures from my final morning's walk:









And here is the final map of the project:




So, goodbye CatronCountyWalk, hello Strolling Around Socorro!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Spike said…

    Sweet!

    Feels sorta weird in a good way, no?

    Great photos BTW.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne44 said…

    Bittersweet - but awesome.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger jannx said…

    I'd go for a walk to any place called "Pie Town"

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Neath said…

    Congratulations!!! I say there is nothing like setting what might seem like an unusual goal and seeing it happen!

    Awesome!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found out about your walk and your blog via Walking Turcot Yards (neath). Congratulations from a fellow New Mexican! I'll go back and read all about it.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay -- This is quite an accomplishment! Enjoyed following your journey!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger jannx said…

    Now, I'm waiting for the next one! This is sooo good. I love this stuff!

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well well well......

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Dave / John said…

    Nice! Im doing something similiar in my hometown.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home