CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Friday, July 13, 2007

Seven more miles

Today's walk could have been a bit miserable: it was hot and muggy from the start, with the sun in our eyes and no breeze, too many long steep hills, and not much at all to look at. But it wasn't a bit miserable, in fact it was very pleasant, because my walking partner today was such a pleasure to walk with.

I don't know whether pushing myself with these long hot walks up long steep hills is causing massive release of endorphins, or whether the universe is actually showering me with love lately. Whatever it is, I feel very loved and happy. Walking rocks!

Here is a picture of part of the Sawtooth Mountain range, which you can see north of Highway 60 between Pie Town and Datil.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Ron Bloomquist said…

    Good going!!

    As for me, one more day and we start heading back home and back to Walking Fort Bragg. I have been a total slug and gained too much weight. Vacation is very hard on my resolve.

    But soon. Very soon.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Suzanne44 said…

    It will be nice to see what new things you'll notice and share with us - looking forward to your next post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home