CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Monday, July 09, 2007


The GOOD SHEPHERD

Now I have some idea how a sheep feels when at the mercy of a diligent Border Collie. I started my walk at the 75 mile marker on Highway 60, near Datil, and headed west. My S.O. was drafted into helping out this time, since I had nobody to walk with me, which was very sweet of him - he trailed me in his truck most of the way and never let me out of his sight. I got about 7 more miles done, and only encountered one very small rattlesnake this time.

The terrain around Datil is a lot different from where we've been walking around Quemado - hilly instead of flat, with interesting formations of sedimentary rock, and tall trees instead of the scrubby little trees that you see on the high mesas.



Rattlesnake of the day.


Look at his little buttons - aren't they cute?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have been reading about your walk and wanted to tell you that I think you are great. What an adventure - there is one question though. (maybe I missed earlier posts) but where do you sleep at night and does that mean you go back and forth to a certain point each day?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home