CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Monday, July 23, 2007

Six mile Sunday on 60

Sunday was the first time in all this walking that I was alone on the road. My ride dropped me off at the state line, then went on into Springerville, AZ, to get gas and a newspaper. Until he came back almost an hour later, I was by myself. It was great. In fact, I almost never get any alone time any more, so it was downright exhilarating.

With the six miles from the state line to mile post 6 completed, I've only got about another 21 miles to go. I thought I'd be getting pretty psyched in anticipation of finishing, but it hasn't happened yet. I've sort of lost track of why I started this in the first place.


Looking west into Arizona.



Looking east at the start of Highway 60.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Ron Bloomquist said…

    Your not gonna just quit walking and writing and photographing?

    Are you?

    Say it ain't so.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Suzanne44 said…

    Hi, Ron!

    No, probably not...but my next walking project is likely to to be Something Completely Different.

    I'll definitely keep you posted!

    Glad to see you're back on the job, by the way...

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Ron Bloomquist said…

    Thanks.

    I'm looking forward to your next walking project.

    Your wide open spaces photos are wonderful. I live amongst the redwoods but I love the desert.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger Spike said…

    What Ron said. Except the redwoods bit.

    I thought I'd be getting pretty psyched in anticipation of finishing, but it hasn't happened yet.

    It will.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home