CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Theories of Everything"

There's an article in the New York Times about a collection of cartoons by Roz Chast called Theories of Everything and there's a paragraph in the article describing one of her cartoons which made me laugh and laugh and laugh.
In the latter sections of the book there are lots of jokes about hitting middle age. “Midlife Crisis: The Clouds Before the Storm” shows a tired looking woman, dressed in a frumpy skirt and blouse, sitting on her sofa, thinking, “I bet if I really wanted to, I could bicycle across Canada.”



Substitute "walk" for "bicycle" and I am that woman. I haven't snorted coffee out my nose in ages, but I did when I read that paragraph. Must buy the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home