CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Slow walking

Spinning my wheels in the walkies department - and I don't mean bike wheels. So, just strolling around in circles close to home, playing with a cheap GPS and taking pictures. This little GPS dealie is pretty amazing. Latitude and longitude, elevation, date and time, trip odometer, average speed while moving, elapsed time while moving, elapsed time while stopped, bearing, time of sunrise and sunset... you name it, this little gadget has it, everything but the temperature. If you're dying to know, the elevation at my house is 6532'. Cool, yeah?



4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Ron Bloomquist said…

    Welcome back. I missed you.

    Yes, isn't the GPS something! It is amazing that everything now has an address! That rock, that post, that cow (until the cow moves!).

    It was GPS that made http://www.geocaching.com/possible.

    Be sure to carry extra batteries if you are depending on your GPS to get you back home. And don't drop it!!

    Have fun.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Suzanne44 said…

    Hi, Ron - I've bookmarked the site, which looks awesome! I think I've heard about geocaching, but hadn't looked into it - do you do it?

    Yes, it is amazing that every thing now has an address, but eerie as well, if you think about it too hard.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Ron Bloomquist said…

    I have geocached; quite a bit early on but have tapered off.

    You will be amazed when you discover how many cache are hidden in your county! Cache are everywhere!

    Some are worth visiting and some are a waste of time.

    I talk about how I got into geocaching on my webpage:

    www.blabberon.com

    Click on "Hobbies" and then "Geocaching"

    Have fun.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Spike said…

    Love them geese. The second photo in particular. They look like a bunch of nervous tourists who've lost their tour guide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home