CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Monday, August 29, 2005

Fran Corcoran completes Minneapolis walk

Fran finished - walked over a thousand miles, explored every nook and cranny of her city! Spike has collected every link she could find to this amazing accomplishment - click on the Spikebot Weekly link at the right to find them.

If I could figure out how to lift a photo from a .pdf document and save it as a .jpeg image, I'd post a picture of Fran's shoes, but all my efforts so far have come to naught. Faster to link you to the current edition of a publication called the Messenger. Then you can click on the August edition, which has a picture of Fran's shoes, and two pictures of Fran, and a lovely feature article of her walk - this might be the only link to an article about Fran's walk that Spike doesn't have at her site.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A friend in SF mailed me the hard copy of the 12/18 SFC article on walking.
    I never heard of such a pasttime as city street walking, which is ironic, since I myself set out about fifteen years ago to walk around every lake in NY (I hit #42 this year and am not halfway there yet). And people look at me like I've got two heads when I tell them I do this. Biggies were Champlain, Ontario and Erie - the latter was 625 miles - 25 miles a day, 25 days in a row back-to-back - in 1999. I strive to be the first human of record to "compass" all six Great Lakes (counting Champlain along with the five classics). My website www.lakecompasser.com is my 24 day journal of my 1997 Ontario walk-around. Thought you might be interested.
    Keep walking!
    God bless,
    Rich Gardner

     

Post a Comment

<< Home