CatronCountyWalk

Catron County, New Mexico has about 400 miles of paved road, and we're planning to walk every mile of it ... eventually ...

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Back on 180

Saturday the 18th - we drove out 12 to 180, set the trip meter to zero, and headed north. When we'd gone five miles we started looking for a place to park. It was an all downhill day, and a little nerve-wracking. Lots of twists and turns in the road and not much shoulder. You can't beat 180 for pretty, but it's not the safest place to be a pedestrian.

When I wasn't fearing for my life, though, I was enjoying seeing things that I'd never seen in all the many times I've driven this road. Because we've been having such a wet winter, there's water running everywhere, creating little waterfalls and collecting in pools. Very beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home